- Owning less stuff - The things you own end up owning you
- Apple peeler - A beautiful bit of engineering
- Bronze sword - er, dagger. - I finally finished it. Sort of
- Scrabble - Trying to improve a great game
- Feminism - Can I call myself a feminist?
- Audi adventure - A lot of fun
- Proper ferrofluids - Okay, so I cheated
- Ferrofluid failure - Documenting my mistakes
- Code Club - Helping the next generation of programmers
- WTF is Pokemon Go? - Don't think you can get away with not knowing
- Valencia - Picking a place to live
- What's going to kill me - How can I avoid it?
- Five percent - Is this a good idea?
- Experi-o-matic - Need some light relief this morning?
- Why I'm voting stay - But I don't expect to win
- Copper refining part 2 - Hot thing from a hot place
- Language learning - Duolingo rocks!
- No More Nails - My new career in marketing
- Pizza oven - Food of the gods
- Licky - Who's got the cleanest tongue?
- Casino trip - The world of proper gambling
- Long live the queen - A history of gender re-assignment
- Lotus Exige - More car fun!
- Lamb's pluck - Lungs sound better than they taste
- Tesla Model 3 - Two years and counting
- Teaching the dog to count - He knows more about maths than me
- Cooking with insects - Cricket cookies
- Making a ring - One ring to rule them all
- Lockpicking - Surprisingly satisfying
- Home made spectroscope - Aw, rainbows
- Choice - How to make good decisions quickly
- Online learning - Some great courses I've found
- I heart hearts - A Valentine's tale
- Five sci-fi books that changed the way I think - Not a Barbara Cartland novel in sight
- Classified adverts - What's the silliest thing we can get them to print?
- Leftie - Can I learn to write left-handed?
- Why quit sugar? - What does that even mean?
- Seeking quiet - Trying to silence my mind
- A year of Lost In Thought - Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?
- Happy Christmas - Thanks for reading
- Making lace - Not your typical manly activity
- Phonyetics - An alternative to the boring NATO alphabet
- Google Cardboard - Affordable virtual reality
- Learning curve dip - The frustrating part of learning
- Lostwithiel then and now - Old and new photos of the town
- Making halloumi - Squeak cheese
- Silent Sunday - Can I shut up for a whole day?
- Halloween Masks - Who doesn't want to look like a pig?
- How do casinos make money? - Rake
- Me and my genome - CATGCGTAGCGGATCGGAT
- Astrology - Does it stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever?
- Open cola - Better than the real thing?
- A round of Golf - I've think I've found it
- Nostalgia - Homesick for a home I never had
- Poker Scrabble - The two best games ever
- Making salt from seawater - Why bother?
- Drink driving - Do try this at home, kids
- Copper refining - Wow, that's hot
- Coconutella - How much can I eat in one go?
- Playing cards - My current obsession
- Fruitarian for a week - Radical food extremism
- Basic car mechanics - The joys of evening classes
- Are Facebook ads worth it? - What exactly does 15 quid get me?
- BMW i3 test drive - The world's ugliest BMW
- Cornish holiday - Still thinking about coming here?
- Ice cream vans in games - A brief history
- Making soap - The first rule of soap club is you don't talk about soap club
- Mentos eruption - Compensating for something?
- Why I don't drink - One hangover too many
- Metal casting furnace - Part two of my bronze sword project
- How old can I look? - Getting the worst out of your selfie
- Who should I vote for? - General election 2015
- Making butter - Kitchen fun with your kids
- Mobile-free Monday - Could you last 24 hours without your phone?
- Post boxes of Lostwithiel - A guest blog by John Pegg
- The i-Spy Book Of Life - What makes me tick
- Tesla testing - We're living in the future
- Making a knife - Don't wave it about in public
- Walking a thousand miles - Get your skates on, mate
- Making Charcoal - You can't hurry love
- Our puzzle room - Lockedwithiel
- The perfect Virgin Mary - Cold tomato soup in a glass
- Talking to the car - Man and machine sit down for a cup of tea and a chat
- Kentucky Fried Pheasant - KFP!
Archive2016December 2016 (2)November 2016 (2)October 2016 (2)September 2016 (3)August 2016 (4)July 2016 (5)June 2016 (4)May 2016 (4)April 2016 (5)March 2016 (4)February 2016 (4)January 2016 (5)2015December 2015 (4)November 2015 (4)October 2015 (5)September 2015 (4)August 2015 (4)July 2015 (4)June 2015 (4)May 2015 (5)April 2015 (4)March 2015 (4)February 2015 (4)January 2015 (4)
What's this about?
Hi I'm Mat and I'm addicted to new hobbies. I used to think this was a bad thing but now I'm embracing it.
Writing them all up in this blog encourages me to finish projects, and helps me keep track of which ones I've tried.