A year of Lost In Thought
I can't believe it's been a year already. Here's a round-up of my first fifty posts, with my favourites and the most viewed posts in case you missed any.
My favourite posts
I've learned so much this year, it's really hard to pick out my favourite posts from the last twelve months.
- Coconutella - You have to try making this! See below for a simpler recipe
- Making a knife - I learned so much about metal that day
- Tesla testing - Every time I see one of these drive past my heart races
- Making soap - Some nasty chemicals but a great learning experience
- Making salt from seawater - A pretty simple one but great results
Most viewed posts
Over 5,000 different people have read my blog in the last year! These are the ones that people have read most:
- 1,834 views: Lostwithiel then and now, Old and new photos of the town
- 1,775 views: Who should I vote for?, General election 2015
- 1,327 views: Custom Monopoly Board, Lostopoly
- 1,308 views: Mentos eruption, Compensating for something?
- 1,085 views: Cornish holiday, Still thinking about coming here?
Since I wrote the Coconutella post I've refined the recipe and made it much simpler, here's an updated recipe:
- 170g smooth hazel butter (like Biona)
- 340g chocolate - milk or plain depending on what you like
- 3tbsp coconut oil
Melt the chocolate in a microwave and then mix all the ingredients together. Done!
A real high point of this year was a reader who sent me a photo of her finished Tomopoly that she'd made from my Custom Monopoly files!
Plans for 2016
Here are some of the things I'm hoping to do this coming year:
- Make tomato ketchup
- Try a flotation tank
- Make a ferrofluid
- Learn to write left handed
- Eat brains!
In ten days we're leaving the UK for new adventures in Spain...Read more
Archive2016December 2016 (2)November 2016 (2)October 2016 (2)September 2016 (3)August 2016 (4)July 2016 (5)June 2016 (4)May 2016 (4)April 2016 (5)March 2016 (4)February 2016 (4)January 2016 (5)2015December 2015 (4)November 2015 (4)October 2015 (5)September 2015 (4)August 2015 (4)July 2015 (4)June 2015 (4)May 2015 (5)April 2015 (4)March 2015 (4)February 2015 (4)January 2015 (4)
What's this about?
Hi I'm Mat and I'm addicted to new hobbies. I used to think this was a bad thing but now I'm embracing it.
Writing them all up in this blog encourages me to finish projects, and helps me keep track of which ones I've tried.
Maybe I'm a bit of a masochist, but I like experimenting on myself...
Also in Inside my brain...
I've been working on this as a concept for a long time and I wanted to write it down to clarify it for myself, although of course you're welcome to read it too...